Take a look down the Lagan river in Belfast towards Belfast Lough and the Titanic quarter from the Queen’s Bridge.
Spanning the river Lagan in Belfast, the Queen’s Bridge is one on many bridges that cross the Lagan river as it starts to merge into Belfast Lough.
It is one of eight bridges in the city, not to be confused with the adjacent Queen Elizabeth II Bridge. It was opened in 1849.
It was officially opened in 1849 by Queen Victoria replacing the Long Bridge. Many versions of the Long Bridge were destroyed during the eighteenth century and nineteenth century, and a more permanent structure had become necessary. The bridge was widened in 1885 by the addition of cantilevered segments on either side.